Followers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Monitoring My GAME Plan Progress week 5

Sorry for the delay in posting - it has been a crazy week. All of you from the North that got hammered by the snow know! :)
On to my posting: Working collaboratively is key when it comes to integrating technology into the classroom. I have had one co-worker/teacher that has been a huge asset to me this week in strengthening my confidence and proficiency seamlessly integrating technology into the content area I teach. Mr. Vikete and I co-teach technology and Project-Upgrade (which is also know as Gifted and Talented at our Middle School). It is true that two minds are better than one. I was able to integrate not one but two new forms of technology into math this week and that was the use of a Prezi and a screen cast.
Mr. Vikete and I sat down and thought of ways we could teach the 7th grade students Scale Factors that met the needs of all the learners in the class with differing abilities. We thought of Gardner's multiple intelligences that students possess and way students express themselves. There are numerous students that are gifted in Art and wanted to have the students draw a scale image of a hot wheels car and gave them a role to play as a marketing executive/graphic artist. Students were able to manipulate objects on the Smart board in front of the room as well as their scale object (car) and spatial represent it on their paper. Logical - mathematical intelligence was used to process ratio and fraction problems and linguistic intelligence was utilized through effective written communication to the Vice President of Hot Wheels in their written presentation on their power point they created. Once the lesson is complete students will save their finished project in their virtual portfolio. We can now track the progress of individual students with the use of online portfolios.
My lesson certainly has come a long way from where it began and that is all thanks to the Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas class I'm in at Walden as well as my co-teachers help on this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment