Followers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Monitoring Your GAME Plan Progress

As part of my journey as a teacher, I am working through the process of developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating my personal GAME plan. I have made great strides at reaching my goal in the last week. Time flies! In the last 2 weeks I have made time to sit down and talk with other coworkers about integrating technology into my lessons and theirs. Collaboration is key. So many times just thinking out loud and bouncing ideas off another teacher gives me the answers I am looking for. In the past week I have also utilized the SMART board much more in project upgrade classes I teach. Tech integration takes time but I think the last week has been a real success. I have been doing a lot of research on using manipulatives in math and found the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives at http://nlvm.usu.edu encourages students to use their content knowledge of math principals to solve problems. Each manipulative lesson is related to a national math standard and can easily be applied to my own NJ standards.

5 comments:

  1. Noreen,

    I would love to have a SMART board! Does each classroom at your school have one? Also, I am curious about the project upgrade class you mentioned. What exactly is that? It sounds interesting. How exactly have you utilized the SMART board in the class? Since we are working on assessment this week, have you been able to use the technology to monitor and evaluate student progress? Sorry I'm asking so many questions...I am truly interested!

    Take care,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that working collaboratively is key when it comes to integrating technology into the classroom. If you have not already seen it, you should try using the smartboard exchange. It is like the ultimate connection to other educators who use smartboards. In my experience working with other educators is one of the most effective ways of technology collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen,

    Regarding collaboration with teachers about technology:

    I'm not sure about the Smart Board but with the Activ Board that I have they have a message board where teachers can post questions, suggestions, ideas, or flipcharts already made. It has been a great tool for me because I can find lessons already prepared and not have to reinvent the wheel. This would be great for you if they had it for Smart Boards as well.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie - What or where can I find the Activ Board you refer to in your comment. Sounds interesting. I would love to have a site handy that I can go to for prepared lesson plans.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara,
    Only the Math classes have smartboards in my middle school. They got them via a technology grant that was awarded to them. I wish all the classes had them but only a few additional Science classes have the other remaining boards. They are great assests to any class and I love using them!
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete