Followers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Revising My GAME Plan

In my first week my very 1st goal was:

1 - Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S

I am happy to say I have initiated a science lesson last week where students will collaborate online to create a presentation. In the past students created power points. Now with the aide of www.Prezi.com students can work at school with out the use of a flashdrive, then they can go home or to any computer and continue to work on their presentation and do not have to be together. The beauty of the prezi is each person can truly be responsible and held accountable for their section of work. If they are absent they can continue where they left off on the presentation from home.

My next goal will be to have students collaborate with other students outside of our class or school online. I have looked into the flatclassroom.net to do this. I am seeking other classes that have similar core content objectives as our classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,
    I love the fact that prezi makes each student accountable for their portion of the group work. I can't tell you how many times I have heard about students complain about unequal workloads on group assignments. As a teacher I have rarely known how to help this issue.

    ReplyDelete