Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 7 - Using the GAME Plan Process with Students

Looking back at my GAME Plan, my first blog post listed goals that would improve my professional practice as well as actions I would take to develop a technology-enriched learning environment where students can pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in class. I am pleased with the steps I have taken so far to reach my goal and want model for my students how to meet the National Education Standards and meet their Goals.

There are similarities I see between the Teachers NETS standards and the students NETS standards. as an example student goal #2 - communication and Collaboration – Students use digital media and environments interact and work collaboratively, where individual learning and collaborative learning is supported. This standard is very similar to Teacher goal # 3 Model digital-age work and learning: Teachers communicate information and ideas to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats. In order to teach students this standard I would model working collaboratively with any co-teacher I work with in the G&T push-in program. I am generally working hand in hand with another teacher whether they are in the room with me or if we communicate via blog, email, Skype or some other form of digital media. Students can collaborate with other members of a group while working on the Presentations from home now by using Prezi's. I recently did a presentation in Science on how students can work in groups to complete their final presentations with out the use of a flash drive, or having to ask mom and dad for a ride over to a friends house. They can easily collaborate over the computer via email and make the additions to a group presentation easily with the use of www.prezi.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment